General Title and Registration Issues
Find answers to questions that relate to both title and registration.
- What documentation is required when trying to title and register a leased vehicle?
- When a Tennessee resident purchases a used vehicle from another Tennessee resident, how long does the purchaser have to title/register before operating the vehicle on public roads?
- Is there a specific time frame in which a Tennessee registrant must change their address when moving from one address to another?
- How do I get a Tennessee license plate for my car?
- How do I change my address on vehicle title and registration records?
- What is the lemon law?
- If I sell my car to my sibling, is it subject to sales tax?
- I made a mistake on the assignment of title when selling my vehicle. What can I do?
- I made repairs to my salvaged vehicle. How do I apply for a new title?
- My vehicle is totaled. What do I need to do?
- How do I title and register a vehicle that I inherited?
- How do I change my name on my title?
- My title is signed over to a buyer who didn't take ownership of the vehicle. What can I do?
- A vehicle was awarded to me through a divorce. How do I get a title in my name?
- How do I get a corrected certificate of title?
- Does Tennessee title and register boat trailers?
- Can I get a second Temporary Operation Permit?
- Does Tennessee mail registration renewal notices?
- I'm in the military. How do I title and register my vehicle in Tennessee?
- How do I request a complete history of my motor vehicle record ?
- How do I notify the Vehicle Services division if my address changes?
- How do I title and register my vehicle in Tennessee?
Contact an agent. Submit a request