VTR-12 - Confiscated Plate Replacement

The reason that a plate was confiscated determines the proper procedure for obtaining a replacement plate.

If a plate was confiscated because it was not on the vehicle to which it belonged, then that registrant would need to apply to have the vehicle at issue titled and registered accordingly.  Registrants whose plates have been lost, stolen, or mutilated can apply for a replacement plate through their local county clerk’s office by completing the Application for Duplicate/Replacement License Plate or Decal form.


Not finding answers? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk