VTR-17 - Requirements for Farm Plate

"J" plates or “Joint” plates are required for the following:  motor vehicles moving farm products for the grower from the point of production to first market, motor vehicles operated as farm trucks, logging and lumbering trucks, motor vehicles used for the owner’s private conveyance, transporting only tangible personal property belonging to the owner or a guest occupant, truck tractors used to pull lowboy-type trailers on which agricultural machinery is transported, and trucks on which lime or fertilizer spreaders are mounted.  For certain freight motor vehicles, the applicant may need to submit proof that a federal highway use tax form (2290) has been filed, or an over-dimensional or over-sized permit may need to be obtained from the Department of Transportation.

Not finding answers? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk