The frequently asked questions in this section cover questions drivers may have about the state's new Electronic Insurance Verification System.
- How do I contact the Department of Revenue if I have a question about the state’s automobile insurance verification program?
- What if I haven’t been insuring my vehicle because I can’t afford it?
- My vehicle is not being used. Does it still need to have auto insurance?
- What if I get pulled over right after getting insurance on a vehicle I just bought?
- I have insurance, but the state’s Electronic Verification Insurance System is not able to confirm my policy. Why?
- How do I report self-insurance to the state?
- I received a notice but I no longer own the vehicle.
- The VIN on the registration does not match the VIN on my vehicle. What do I need to do?
- The VIN on my insurance policy does not match the VIN on my vehicle. What do I need to do?
- What happens if I don't get auto insurance?
- Why isn't my insurance on file with the state?
- How does someone show proof of financial responsibility?
- How do I reinstate my registration after it has been suspended?
- Why did I receive a notice that my registration was suspended?
- I do not have access to the internet. How can I respond to the notice I received in the mail?
- How do I provide proof of insurance?
- What qualifies as proof of exemption from the financial responsibility requirement?
- What if I don't respond to the “final notice” I received in the mail?
- What if I don't respond to the “first notice” I received in the mail?
- What if I don't respond to the “request for information” notice I received in the mail?
- What will happen if I drop auto insurance on a vehicle or have a lapse of auto insurance coverage?
- I lost the notice/letter I received, and I do not know my PIN.
- What if my vehicle is exempt or its ownership has changed?
- I have auto insurance but I received a letter stating insurance for my VIN could not be confirmed. What do I do?
- How does the Electronic Insurance Verification System work?
Contact an agent. Submit a request