Read more about our Collection Services Division and processes here. This division is charged with the recovery of taxes that are due but that taxpayers do not remit to the state. Employees work directly with delinquent businesses and individuals, research potential sources of funds, and protect against efforts to avoid payment. Collection Services may serve levies, and seize and sell assets, as well as file a tax lien to protect Tennesseans’ best interests. When a taxpayer is unable to pay their tax bill or needs more time to pay in full, this division can offer payment plans and negotiate compromise offers.
- I have questions about the Offer in Compromise Application. Who should I contact?
- What if my offer in compromise is based on a legal argument instead of inability to pay?
- Where do I send my offer?
- Why might my offer be rejected?
- How is my offer evaluated?
- Does submitting the amount computed using the application worksheet guarantee acceptance of my offer?