If a taxpayer has outstanding tax liabilities owed to the Department, including liabilities resulting from an audit of the taxpayer, the taxpayer may request to enter a payment plan with the Department to pay the outstanding taxes due. Payment plans are available for outstanding tax liabilities even if the related tax accounts are now closed.
To request to enter an installment payment plan with the Department, please follow these steps:
- Log in to your TNTAP
- Click the “More…” tab.
- Click on “Request a Payment Plan.”
- Select the first installment due date (click on the calendar to select a date).
- Select either the specific number of installments (payments) or specific installment amount.
- Click “Next.”
- You may enter a down payment amount. Taxpayers who have had two or more payment plans in the previous two years are required to submit a 25% down payment to be considered for another plan.
- If you selected a down payment amount, then enter a down payment date. Click “Next” to forecast the payment schedule (it may take a few minutes to forecast the number and amount of each payment).
- Review the installments. If you don’t agree, click “Previous” to revise, and select a different amount.
- Click “Next.”
- Enter your banking information for automatic drafts and check the box to acknowledge that TNTAP payment plan payments will automatically draft.
- Click "Next."
- Read the payment agreement contract. Click “Submit.”
- Enter your password (this acts as your electronic signature).
- Print your confirmation.
- Click “Home” to return to the dashboard (main screen).
Your request will take one to two days for processing. Please check your web notices in TNTAP under “Requests, Notices and Letters” for a response to your request. You may also contact the IPA Unit directly at (615) 741-4200.