1099-Filing Requirement Questions
The Tennessee General Assembly recently enacted legislation which requires payment settlement entities, third party settlement organizations, electronic payment facilitators, and third parties acting on behalf of payment settlement entities (“reporting entities”) to file duplicate federal 1099-K information returns with the Department of Revenue. The 1099-K information returns must be filed with the Department within 30 days of the filing due date required by the IRS. The 2015 returns are due by April 30, 2016. You may find questions and answers about this new filing requirement here.
- I work for a software vendor and have multiple clients who may need the 1099-K. Where can I find the electronic filing specifications that you require for the 1099-K? Is it possible to obtain the specifications without registering on the portal?
- What does it meant by “TIN” on the Department of Revenue registration page for filing 1099-K informational returns?
- I have tried to upload my 1099-K file to the Department’s website, but I get an error message. What should I do?
- When should I file 1099-K returns with the Department of Revenue if I have filed an extension with the Internal Revenue Service to file 1099-K returns?
- Do reporting entities that are required to file a 1099-K Information Return with the IRS also have to file that return with the Tennessee Department of Revenue?
- How do I submit a question about the new 1099-K filing requirement to the Department of Revenue?