You can find answers to general questions here about Public Chapter 466. This law affects businesses that buy or receive vehicles for parts, dismantling or scrap. The purpose of this law is to protect consumers and business owners by collecting data and verifying motor vehicle ownership to prevent fraud and criminal activities.
- What is salvage or NMVTIS reporting?
- Why do I have to report?
- How can I report?
- What if I do not report?
- What if I am notified that a vehicle has been reported stolen?
- Who do I call if I have a question regarding the confirmation of a stolen vehicle received?
- What if I am having issues accessing my account with Auto Data Direct, Inc.?
- Who do I contact if I have questions about NMVTIS reporting?