VT-7 - Repossessed Vehicle Titling and Registration

New owners of repossessed vehicles can apply for a new certificate of title and registration by submitting to their local county clerk:

  • Application for Certificate of Title and Registration;
  • Certificate of title reflecting all liens;
  • Affidavit of sales under special condition form or out-of-state repossession form completed by the repossessor stating vehicle was repossessed and sold under the terms of lien;
  • State and county title and registration fees; and
  • Evidence of sales and use tax payment.
Not finding answers? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk