New owners of repossessed vehicles can apply for a new certificate of title and registration by submitting to their local county clerk:
- Application for Certificate of Title and Registration;
- Certificate of title reflecting all liens;
- Affidavit of sales under special condition form or out-of-state repossession form completed by the repossessor stating vehicle was repossessed and sold under the terms of lien;
- State and county title and registration fees;
- Evidence of sales and use tax payment; and
- Emissions testing, if applicable.