VT-8 - Title & Registration For a Vehicle Imported From Another Country

To obtain a Tennessee title and/or registration for a vehicle imported into the United States from another country, submit the following to your local county clerk:

  • Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin or Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin;*
  • Bill of sale;
  • Form HS-7 Declaration (Importation of Motor Vehicles and Motor Vehicle Equipment Subject to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety, Bumper and Theft Prevention Standards). For Declaration form click here
  • Clear and legible photograph of the vehicle’s Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards Label.

*To verify the manufacturer listed on the MSO/MCO by the vehicle identification number, click here.

Note: Military members who have transferred a vehicle because of deployment are exempt from customs.

Not finding answers? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk