VTR-53 - TN Students with a Car Licensed in Another State

Students enrolled in any school in Tennessee may operate motor vehicles with an out of state registration in the student's name during the period the student is enrolled at a Tennessee school. The student is not required to register the vehicle in Tennessee during their enrollment period. 

The student must have the following documents available for officials to inspect if necessary:

  • Certificate of registration; and
  • Documentation showing the period in which the student is enrolled in the school.

References: Tenn. Comp. R. & Regs. 1320-8-14-.01.

Not finding answers? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk