VTR-50 - Company Car New to the State - Title & Registration

The owner of a company car that is new to the state should apply for title and registration through the county clerk’s office for the county in which the company is based. The applicant should submit the same supporting documentation required for ordinary passenger vehicle title and registration applications. However, depending on the nature of the vehicle’s primary use, the county clerk may either assign a commercial or passenger plate for the vehicle.

Reference: Tenn. Code Ann. §§ 55-4-111, - 113.

Not finding answers? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk