VTR-47 - New Car Purchased Out of State - Title/Registration Procedure

 When a Tennessee resident buys a new car in another state, they will often receive a temporary operation permit (also called a temporary tag) from the dealership to enable the purchaser to drive the vehicle back to Tennessee. The purchaser must apply for a Tennessee title and registration for the vehicle prior to the expiration of the out of state temporary tag. The purchaser should take the vehicle purchase documentation to the local county clerk to submit an application for title and registration.


Not finding answers? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk