Franchise & Excise Tax
- When is a Single Member Limited Liability Company (SMLLC) disregarded for franchise, excise purposes?
- When is a Single Member Limited Liability Company (SMLLC) required to file a franchise, excise tax return in Tennessee?
- May Federal Section 179 depreciation expense be deducted for excise tax purposes?
- May Federal “bonus depreciation” expense be deducted for excise tax purposes?
- What date does an entity formed outside of Tennessee first become subject to the franchise and excise tax?
- Do I have to file a franchise and excise tax return when my company did not have any activity during the year?
- Can an S corporation take credit against its excise tax for the Tennessee Hall income tax paid by its shareholders on distributions from the S corporation?
- Is a limited liability company, whose single member is an individual or a general partnership, subject to the tax?
- If a taxpayer elects to calculate its net worth on a consolidated basis, which members of the affiliated group are subject to franchise and excise tax?
- Once an election to compute net worth on a consolidated basis is made, how long does it remain in effect?
- What is a consolidated net worth election?
- When can construction in progress be excluded from the determination of real and tangible property on Schedule G for franchise tax purposes?
- Is proration of the franchise tax permitted when the return covers a tax period of less than 12 months?
- How long can a net operating loss be used to offset income for excise tax purposes?
- How do I properly dissolve or terminate my registration with the Tennessee Secretary of State?
- When are franchise and excise tax estimated payments due?
- Who is required to make estimated franchise and excise tax payments?
Contact an agent. Submit a request