Vehicle Title & Registration
Here you will find information about vehicle title and registration.
- What documentation is required when trying to title and register a leased vehicle?
- When a Tennessee resident purchases a used vehicle from another Tennessee resident, how long does the purchaser have to title/register before operating the vehicle on public roads?
- Is there a specific time frame in which a Tennessee registrant must change their address when moving from one address to another?
- How do I get a Tennessee license plate for my car?
- How do I change my address on vehicle title and registration records?
- What is the lemon law?
- If I need to discharge a lien, where do I send the paperwork?
- If I need to note a lien, where do I send the paperwork?
- What is the Surety Bond process?
- How do I apply for a Certification of Ownership?
- If I divorce and the vehicle is awarded to me and the vehicle has a lienholder, is the noting of lien fee applicable?
- If I move to Tennessee from out of state and I have an existing lienholder on my vehicle, is the noting of lien fee applicable?
- New Residents of Tennessee Time Frame To Register Vehicle
- Plates for Off-Highway Vehicles
- Why did I not receive a renewal reminder notice in the mail?
- What are the state fees for vehicle registration?
- Can I receive a refund for the unused portion of my motor vehicle registration?
- What is the registration fee for a hybrid or electric vehicle in Tennessee?
- What specialty license plates are available?
- Can a person order a personalized plate on the initial list from the organization sponsoring a new specialized plate?
- What is the process for introducing a new specialty plate?
- How much money will an organization receive from the sale of specialty plates?
- When does the organization begin to receive funds for specialty plates sold?
- How do I apply for a personalized license plate?
Contact an agent. Submit a request