MC-Intrastate-2 - How to Apply

You may apply for Intrastate Authority either online through TNTAP or using paper forms. For more information, click here. You will need to provide the following:

  • Completed Intrastate Authority Application
  • Completed Designated Agent for Service of Process form (a process agent is a Tennessee representative upon whom court papers may be served in any proceeding brought against a motor carrier)
  • Proof of Insurance

Insurance companies must complete these forms:

  • Form E – Uniform Motor Carrier Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability Certificate of Insurance
  • Form H – Uniform Motor Carrier Cargo Certificate of Insurance (required for carriers hauling the following: general freight, household goods, and mobile homes)
  • Certificate of Liability Insurance


Not finding answers? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk