GI-2 - How to Change Title of Vehicle Awarded in a Divorce

Visit your local county clerk to file an application for certificate of title and registration in your name.

The documentation listed below must be submitted in support of your application:

  • Original copy of the final divorce decree, signed by the judge, that has a description of the vehicle by vehicle identification number (VIN);
  • Certificate of title, if available;
  • Copy of lien instrument, if applicable (If a lienholder is in possession of the certificate of title to the vehicle, the Vehicle Services division will request the surrender of title from the lien holder); and
  • Odometer reading, when applicable.
Not finding answers? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk