What are the requirements for a moped to be titled and registered? What type of license plate is required?

To title and register a moped, the customer will submit ownership documents to the local county clerk office.  If purchased new, the customer will submit an MSO and bill of sale, or invoice.  If the moped is used, the customer must submit a properly assigned certificate of title.  If there are no ownership documents, the customer will complete a Certificate of Ownership and follow the directions on the application.  A motorcycle plate would be issued.

Not finding answers? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk