What do I do about my tags expiring at the end of the month and the vehicle is not in Tennessee?

For residents of HamiltonRutherfordSumnerWilliamson, and Wilson Counties, if a vehicle is out of state for more than 90 days prior to the vehicle registration renewal date, apply for an emissions exemption through TDEC. For more information regarding this, please visit the following link: https://www.tn.gov/environment/program-areas/apc-air-pollution-control-home/apc/vehicle inspection-program/how-to-apply-for-a-vehicle-exemption.html

For residents of Davidson County, if a vehicle cannot be taken through an emissions inspection site in Tennessee, the owner must contact the Metropolitan Public Health Department at (615) 340-5657. A representative will explain the necessary steps to satisfy emissions requirements given the specific situation or circumstances.

Not finding answers? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk