Farm, boat, utility trailers and pop-up/fold-down trailers are not required to be registered. All other trailers require registration. New trailers: Multi-purpose application, MSO (Manufacturer Statement of Origin) or title, dealer invoice and proof of tax payment. Used trailers: properly assigned Certificate of Title and odometer disclosure statement (if applicable).
What is required to register a trailer?
- What are the state fees for vehicle registration?
- What is needed to register a vehicle in the state of Tennessee?
- How do I apply for a Certification of Ownership?
- If I am a Tennessee resident and I purchase a vehicle out of state, will I pay taxes in that state or Tennessee?
- If a customer purchases a vehicle out of state and moves to Tennessee before transferring the title, would they be responsible for paying sales tax in Tennessee or the previous state?