The Department of Revenue generally files a lien against a person or business when outstanding liabilities are not paid or resolved in a timely manner. The Department makes several attempts to resolve outstanding balances due before filing a lien. To see your outstanding tax balance, please log on to TNTAP to view your account at https://tntap.tn.gov/eservices/_/
Why was a state tax lien filed against me?
- How do I get a copy of a recorded state tax lien or lien release document?
- How long does it take for a lien release to be recorded?
- I received a final demand for payment, but I cannot afford to pay the balance by the deadline given on the notice. Can I request a payment plan?
- Can a lien be released if I am on a payment plan?
- Although I have an active Tennessee professional license, I have not lived or worked in Tennessee for several years. Am I still subject to the Tennessee professional privilege tax?