The Department of Revenue generally files a lien against a person or business when outstanding liabilities are not paid or resolved in a timely manner. The Department makes several attempts to resolve outstanding balances due before filing a lien. To see your outstanding tax balance, please log on to TNTAP to view your account at https://tntap.tn.gov/eservices/_/
Why was a state tax lien filed against me?
- How long does it take for a lien release to be recorded?
- How do I get a copy of a recorded state tax lien or lien release document?
- The Final Demand for Payment Notice does not specify a Revenue officer to call. How do I know who to contact?
- I have a levy or wage garnishment hold on my account. Who can I contact to get this resolved?
- I received a final demand for payment, but I cannot afford to pay the balance by the deadline given on the notice. Can I request a payment plan?