Any entity can gift a vehicle to an individual. Depending on who is gifting the vehicle to who, would determine if sales tax are to be collected.
Can a business (LLC) gift a vehicle to an individual?
- If I want to transfer a motor vehicle from my personal name into my business or vice versa, will sales tax be due on the transfer?
- If a vehicle was gifted to me, do I still need to pay sales tax?
- I'm a lienholder with a change of address. Who do I notify and what information is needed to prove the address change?
- When a Tennessee resident purchases a used vehicle from another Tennessee resident, how long does the purchaser have to title/register before operating the vehicle on public roads?
- I need to close my business. What do I need to do regarding my business tax account and license?