A car wash is subject to sales tax if the service provider takes custody of the vehicle at any time or performs the majority of the cleaning activities for the customer. For more information, see important notice #19-12.
When are automated car washes subject to tax?
- Is leasing a dumpster as part of waste removal services subject to sales tax?
- When may a member of the Tennessee National Guard or reserve member of a uniformed service of the United States purchase a vehicle in Tennessee tax-free?
- In light of the exemption the Tennessee legislature passed in 2019, do physical fitness facilities still collect sales tax?
- Does the Retail Accountability assessment close the period, or can I still be selected for a full audit?
- When are franchise and excise tax estimated payments due?