Water used directly in growing and producing food or fiber for human or animal consumption, and nursery or greenhouse crops for sale may be purchased tax-free by a qualified farmer or nursey operator. For more information, see important notice #19-10.
Is water used for agricultural purposes exempt from tax?
- What are some items that are not eligible for agricultural exemption?
- Previously, when I bought an ATV as farm equipment, I was required to pay the sales tax and petition for a refund. Is this the current process?
- Are replacement tires and rims for tractors, combines, livestock trailers, and other qualifying equipment and machinery tax exempt?
- When a Tennessee resident purchases a used vehicle from another Tennessee resident, how long does the purchaser have to title/register before operating the vehicle on public roads?
- When are automated car washes subject to tax?