Is a side-by-side Class 1 vehicle, used principally for the purpose of producing agricultural products, exempt from sales tax if purchased with an agricultural exemption certificate?

Yes, the law authorizes side-by-side Class I vehicles to be registered for use on specified county roads.  Registering a side-by-side Class I vehicle will not invalidate an agricultural exemption certificate, so long as the vehicle is used principally (more than 50 percent of the time) for the purpose of producing agricultural products.  Upon registration, the clerk will ask to see the registrant’s valid agriculture exemption certificate or fully-completed Streamlined Sales Tax Certificate of Exemption.

Not finding answers? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk