The Tennessee Department of Revenue does not administer any of the laws or regulations on hemp growers. The Tennessee Department of Agriculture is the state agency that regulates hemp. You can find information about when it is legal to grow hemp on their website at https://www.tn.gov/agriculture/farms/hemp-industry.html.
Can I grow hemp in Tennessee?
- I grow hemp in Tennessee. I then take the hemp and produce creams, oils, and other products from the hemp. Are these products subject to state tax?
- What are the tax implications of growing hemp in Tennessee?
- Are distilleries required to pay liquor-by-the-drink tax on alcohol served for consumption on their premises?
- Is a mini-truck eligible to be purchased exempt from sales tax with an agricultural exemption certificate?
- Why does my franchise and excise tax Notice of Overpayment not show my full credit balance available?