The Tennessee Department of Revenue does not administer any of the laws or regulations on hemp growers. The Tennessee Department of Agriculture is the state agency that regulates hemp. You can find information about when it is legal to grow hemp on their website at https://www.tn.gov/agriculture/farms/hemp-industry.html.
Can I grow hemp in Tennessee?
- I grow hemp in Tennessee. I then take the hemp and produce creams, oils, and other products from the hemp. Are these products subject to state tax?
- What are the tax implications of growing hemp in Tennessee?
- As an out-of-state seller making sales into Tennessee, how do I file my 2019 annual sales and use tax return to include both the local uniform sales tax rate and the local sales tax rate for each jurisdiction?
- Is a chainsaw considered farm or logging equipment?
- Can I verify a Tennessee resale or other exemption certificate?