No, sales of methanol, unless it is blended with any fuel or petroleum product, are not subject to gasoline or diesel taxes. Sales of unblended methanol are also exempt from sales and use tax. However, methanol is subject to the $0.01 special privilege tax and the $0.004 environmental assurance fee to the state.
Is methanol subject to gasoline or diesel taxes?
- What are the new refund tax rates for gasoline and diesel?
- Does the tire environmental fee apply to non-profit organizations that are generally exempt from sales and use tax?
- I am a wholesaler with gasoline and/or undyed diesel fuel in stock that I previously purchased for sale. Do I need to pay a floorstock tax?
- What products are required to be reported on the RAP wholesaler/distributor information report?
- Is there an extension of time to file and pay Tennessee's franchise and excise taxes for the tax period ending December 31, 2019?