By VIN. We might not have the policy number in the file. We will send back whatever you have provided in the file; we cannot enhance it.
Will the error file be policy-specific or will it be by VIN?
- How do I contact the Department of Revenue if I have a question about the state’s automobile insurance verification program?
- How often will insurance companies get an error file?
- Will there be an error code provided with the error file?
- How would the Department of Revenue handle a situation like when an insurance company sending a full book of business (FBOB) with a VIN that doesn't show up in Tennessee registrations (a miskeyed number)?
- If a VIN appears in the file then drops out the next month, will the Department of Revenue use web services to try to locate the missing VIN?