Form FAE 186 is an informational return submitted by financial institutions, including loan and trust companies, that do not have deposit facilities. The information provided on Form FAE 186 helps the Department properly allocate franchise and excise tax revenues to the county or municipality in which the non-depository financial institution maintains a branch or office.
What is Form FAE 186?
- TNTAP: Filing a Business Tax Return
- Does a financial institution that is part of a unitary business (i.e. the group files franchise and excise taxes with Form FAE 174) need to submit Form FAE 186?
- Is a limited liability company, whose single member is an individual or a general partnership, subject to the tax?
- What is an affiliated group for franchise & excise tax purposes?
- Is a non-depository financial institution with no branch or office in Tennessee required to submit Form FAE 186?