Form FAE 186 is an informational return submitted by financial institutions, including loan and trust companies, that do not have deposit facilities. The information provided on Form FAE 186 helps the Department properly allocate franchise and excise tax revenues to the county or municipality in which the non-depository financial institution maintains a branch or office.
What is Form FAE 186?
- Are organizations exempt from the sales tax liable for tax on sales?
- Does a financial institution that is part of a unitary business (i.e. the group files franchise and excise taxes with Form FAE 174) need to submit Form FAE 186?
- Are financial institutions and captive real estate investment trusts (REITS) required to file and pay franchise and excise taxes electronically?
- Does the tire environmental fee apply to tires sold to governmental entities?
- Does the tire environmental fee apply to dealer trades within the state of Tennessee?