Am I required to file an extension form if the amount of estimated payments made meet or exceed certain amounts?

No, if payments made on or before the original due date equal at least 90 percent of the current year’s tax liability or 100 percent of the prior year’s liability, with the minimum payment being $100, no extension form (FAE 173) is required.

Not finding answers? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk