Although the Department of Revenue has moved to a consolidated sales tax account, each of your locations should have a distinct and separate location ID. Your wholesaler should have each of your locations as a separate account with its own location ID number. Your purchases should be made and must be identified by selling location, even if the product is delivered to a central location before being transferred to the selling location. This will ensure the correct purchases are reported to the correct location ID.
Can I transfer product between multiple locations that I own?
- I sold cigarettes to other retailers, and those sales are not reported on line 7 of the monthly sales and use tax return. How do I get credit for those sales to reduce my assessment?
- If a retailer has multiple locations and has product delivered to one central location, how do I reflect this on my RAP wholesaler/distributor information report?
- Can I have my accountant or bookkeeper contact the Department of Revenue about my Retail Accountability assessment?
- What should I do if I sell my business?
- I have monthly or quarterly inventories that show I have more product at the end of the quarter than I had at the beginning of the quarter. Will this change the RAP assessment?