The Tennessee Department of Revenue Blanket Certificate of Resale, clearly states that "The purchaser must notify the seller in writing if the certificate is no longer valid." Therefore, you must contact all your wholesalers in writing to notify them that your Blanket Certificate of Resale is no longer valid. Your Blanket Certificate of Resale is no longer valid on the last day your business is open. You will also need to complete the questions on the back of your Certificate of Registration and return the certificate to the Tennessee Department of Revenue. You may contact Taxpayer Services at (615) 253-0600 for assistance in closing your business.
What should I do if I sell my business?
- I sold my store but I still received a Retail Accountability Program assessment. How do I get the assessment resolved?
- How do I get a copy of my resale certificate?
- Can I have my accountant or bookkeeper contact the Department of Revenue about my Retail Accountability assessment?
- I need to close my business. What do I need to do regarding my business tax account and license?
- My certificate of exemption has expired. Does the Department of Revenue automatically reissue these exemption certificates?