You must contact the wholesaler that provided the incorrect data and notify them of the error. The wholesaler will then need to upload a corrected file. Once the corrected data has been uploaded, you or the wholesaler should notify us of the correction so that your assessment can be adjusted.
What if the wholesaler data is incorrect?
- What can I do differently to avoid an assessment from the Retail Accountability Program?
- There are items other than beer and tobacco included in my Retail Accountability (RAP) purchase data. Are non-beer and non-tobacco purchases used in the RAP calculation? If not, why are they showing up in my data?
- Do reporting entities that are required to file a 1099-K Information Return with the IRS also have to file that return with the Tennessee Department of Revenue?
- I received an assessment from the Retail Accountability Program. Why do I owe money?
- For the Retail Accountability Program, what username do I use to download the wholesaler data or recover my password?