My car has been wrecked or totaled. What do I do now?

If a vehicle has been deemed a total loss (more than 75% of the retail value), and it is less 10 years old, you may apply for a salvage certificate or a non-repairable certificate. For more information, contact the Special Investigations Anti-Theft Unit at (615) 253-7246.

The applicant will need to complete the Application for Salvage or Non-Repairable Certificate, attached below. Send the completed form and the outstanding certificate of title to:

Tennessee Department of Revenue

Special Investigations Division

Anti-Theft Unit

44 Vantage Way, Suite 160

Nashville, TN 37243-8050

Not finding answers? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk