I have a repossessed vehicle. How do I get it titled and registered?

New owners of repossessed vehicles can apply for a new certificate of title and registration by submitting to their local county clerk:

  • Application for Certificate of Title and Registration;
  • certificate of title reflecting all liens;
  • affidavit of sales under special condition form or out-of-state repossession form completed by the repossessor stating vehicle was repossessed and sold under the term of lien;
  • state and county title and registration fees;
  • evidence of sales and use tax payment; and
  • emissions testing, if applicable.
Not finding answers? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk