New owners of repossessed vehicles can apply for a new certificate of title and registration by submitting to their local county clerk:
- Application for Certificate of Title and Registration;
- certificate of title reflecting all liens;
- affidavit of sales under special condition form or out-of-state repossession form completed by the repossessor stating vehicle was repossessed and sold under the term of lien;
- state and county title and registration fees;
- evidence of sales and use tax payment; and
- emissions testing, if applicable.