What if I change my business structure, and the Tennessee Department of Revenue sent me a new sales and use tax certificate?

The Tennessee Department of Revenue Blanket Certificate of Resale clearly states that "The purchaser must notify the seller in writing if the certificate is no longer valid." Therefore, you must contact all your wholesalers in writing and notify them that your Blanket Certificate of Resale is no longer valid. Then you will need to present the new sales and use tax certificate to the wholesaler(s).

Not finding answers? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk