The Department has an explanation of how these assessments are calculated below.
How are assessments calculated for the Retail Accountability Program?
- RAP Assessment Calculations.pdf (100 KB)
- There are items other than beer and tobacco included in my Retail Accountability (RAP) purchase data. Are non-beer and non-tobacco purchases used in the RAP calculation? If not, why are they showing up in my data?
- How does the Tennessee Department of Revenue know what I purchased through the Retail Accountability Program?
- I received an assessment from the Retail Accountability Program. Why do I owe money?
- What is the Retail Accountability Program?
- What is the deadline for filing an omnibus refund claim for petroleum taxes paid on petroleum products that are subsequently sold to a government agency free of tax?