A fiscal tax year is the same tax year used by businesses for filing federal (IRS) tax forms. Many businesses use a calendar year – January through December – as their fiscal year. If a business files a Tennessee franchise and excise tax return, the fiscal year will be the same on both of these state tax forms.
What is a fiscal year?
- What is the due date for a franchise and excise tax return that covers less than 12 months?
- What is my business tax classification?
- Am I required to file an extension form if the payment requirements to receive an extension have been met?
- How are penalties and interest computed?
- Do I have to file a franchise and excise tax return when my company did not have any activity during the year?