A fiscal tax year is the same tax year used by businesses for filing federal (IRS) tax forms. Many businesses use a calendar year – January through December – as their fiscal year. If a business files a Tennessee franchise and excise tax return, the fiscal year will be the same on both of these state tax forms.
What is a fiscal year?
- What is my business tax classification?
- Am I required to file an extension form if the amount of estimated payments made meet or exceed certain amounts?
- Do I have to file a franchise and excise tax return when my company did not have any activity during the year?
- TNTAP: Filing a Business Tax Return
- Is a limited partnership that is disregarded for federal income tax purposes also disregarded for franchise and excise tax purposes?