A fiscal tax year is the same tax year used by businesses for filing federal (IRS) tax forms. Many businesses use a calendar year – January through December – as their fiscal year. If a business files a Tennessee franchise and excise tax return, the fiscal year will be the same on both of these state tax forms.
What is a fiscal year?
- I’ve received a notice of assessment for business tax. Why did I receive it?
- What if I do not want to calculate my penalty and interest?
- How do I renew my business licenses? My local clerk said I would have to renew through the Department of Revenue.
- What is the due date for calendar year 2017 tax returns?
- Are sales of internet access services subject to sales tax or business tax?