Taxpayers should file their franchise and excise tax using TNTAP.
The following transactions can be completed on TNTAP:
- File a franchise and excise tax return (Form FAE170).
- File a franchise and excise tax return for an entity that only owes the $100 minimum franchise tax.
- Make quarterly estimated payments.
- Make an extension payment.
- File the annual exemption renewal (Form FAE183).
- Make a payment for an e-filed annual return.
Note: Effective Jan. 1, 2014, all franchise and excise tax return filings and payments related to form FAE170 must be made electronically. This includes extension payments and estimated payment filings.