First, submit an International Registration Plan Schedule A, attached below. Complete the following steps:
- Complete Items A through H.
- On Item D, enter the weight requested for each jurisdiction.
- A separate schedule must be provided for each different weight group.The added vehicle gross combined weight must be identical to the deleted vehicle’s gross combined weight.
Also, submit the following documentation, if applicable:
- A Power of Attorney form, attached below, if someone other than a representative of the company completes the application.
- A copy of the federal motor carrier identification report (MCS-150) from the leasing company, if the vehicle is leased. If updated within the past 12 months, this form is not needed.
- A copy of the lease agreement if the vehicle is leased. The lease agreement must identify the new vehicle(s) added to the IRP account.
- An owners authorization to lessee form, attached below, if the owner of the vehicle is different from the registrant.
- A copy of the cab card(s) or an affidavit for a lost cab card.
- A stamped copy of the IRS Schedule 1 Heavy Vehicle Use Tax (Form 2290) for all vehicles with a combined gross weight of 55,000 lbs. or more. You may also provide copy of the Form 2290 along with the front and back of the cancelled check, or a copy of the PDF file that was filed electronically.
- Proof of title for vehicle(s) being registered. If the vehicle is already titled, provide a copy of a valid Tennessee certificate of title and registration, or a valid copy of the Tennessee Department of Revenue Vehicle Services multi-purpose application, attached below. You may also supply a copy of the Tennessee title, or a copy of the valid out-of-state certificate of title.
If exempt from sales tax, provide a copy of the application for sales tax exemption, attached below.
If exempt from sales tax and a leasing company, provide a copy of a Tennessee sales and use tax blanket certificate of resale.
If you are applying through IRP, you should provide the following documents:
- Original Tennessee application for certificate of title and registration or a Tennessee Department of Revenue, Vehicle Services multi-purpose application.
- Original Tennessee title properly assigned to the new owner, if no lien is noted, or
- Copy of Tennessee title, front and back properly assigned to the new owner, if lien is noted, or the original certificate of origin (MSO), along with a bill of sale.