Are students allowed to use license plates from other states?

Students enrolled in any school in Tennessee may operate motor vehicles owned and licensed in the student's name in another state while they are enrolled in school. The student is not required to have the vehicle registered in Tennessee during that time. 

The student must have the following documents available for officials to inspect if necessary:

  • a certificate of registration
  • documentation showing the period in which the student is enrolled in the school
Not finding answers? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk