My spouse passed away. How do I change my vehicle's title into my name?

To change the vehicle record to reflect the surviving spouse's name, an application must be filed through the office of your resident county clerk.

The application must be accompanied by the existing title and a copy of the death certificate. If the application is filed within one year of the spouse's death, there is no charge. An affidavit of inheritance form, attached below, may also be required.

Not finding answers? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk