Click here to enter the franchise and excise tax online filing website.
The following transactions can be completed on the franchise and excise online filing website:
- File a franchise and excise tax return (Form FAE170).
- File a franchise and excise tax return for an entity that only owes the $100 minimum franchise tax.
- Make quarterly estimated payments.
- Apply for an extension of time to file.
- File the annual exemption renewal (Form FAE183).
- Make a payment for an e-filed annual return.
Note: Effective Jan. 1, 2014, all franchise and excise tax return filings and payments related to form FAE170 must be made electronically. This includes extension requests and estimated payment filings.
If you prepare form FAE170 and do not use a certified software vendor and also have to file apportionment schedules, you cannot file the return online and must instead use paper tax forms. Taxpayers required to file paper forms in this specific situation are not subject to penalty charges for failing to file electronically.
Financial Institutions filing form FAE174 are currently not included in the electronic filing requirements.
Franchise & Excise taxpayers not able to file a return electronically due to apportionment schedules that relate to multistate apportionment and allocation would need to submit a request for a waiver so their account could be coded properly. Click here for more information.