I made repairs to my salvaged vehicle. How do I apply for a new title?

You will need to present the following documentation:

  • the salvage certificate
  • receipts on parts
  • color photographs of the vehicle before and after the work performed
  • the application for motor vehicle identification certification, attached below, completed in its entirety by the re-builder of the vehicle
  • required fees indicated on the form.

Send this documentation to:

Tennessee Department of Revenue
Special Investigations Division
Anti-Theft Unit
44 Vantage Way, Suite 160
Nashville, TN 37243-8050

NOTE: At the discretion of the department, an inspection of the vehicle may be required prior to issuing a certificate of title.


Not finding answers? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk