How do I change my name on my title?

To change the vehicle record to reflect a change in name due to marriage or divorce, the applicant must provide a copy of the marriage certificate or final divorce decree indicating the name can be changed. Present documentation of name change to your local county clerk. 


Not finding answers? Submit a request


  • Avatar
    Karen Kenyon

    Can my X husband change the title for me, both our names are on the title.

  • Avatar

    Good morning, Karen. Please submit a request to us by clicking "submit a request" at the top right hand corner. Then select the "title and registration" form and fill it out. One of our representatives is happy to help you with your question. Thank you!

Powered by Zendesk