A vehicle was awarded to me through a divorce. How do I get a title in my name?

Visit your local county clerk to file an application for certificate of title and registration in your name.

Documentation listed below must accompany your application:

  • Original copy of the final divorce decree, signed by the judge. The decree should indicate a description of the vehicle by vehicle identification number (VIN).
  • Certificate of title, if available.
  • Copy of lien instrument, if applicable. This division will request the surrender of title from your lien holder.
  • Odometer reading, when applicable.
Not finding answers? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk