How do I get a corrected certificate of title?

If an owner or lien holder discovers an error on the certificate of title, provide written explanation of what needs to be corrected or circle the incorrect information in red and write the correct information in red near the incorrect information. Once corrections have been noted, present the incorrect title to your local county clerk for correction. 

If the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is incorrect on the certificate of title, you will be required to provide a verification of the VIN by digital photograph to a law enforcement officer or a licensed motor vehicle dealer.

Not finding answers? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk