I'm in the military. How do I title and register my vehicle in Tennessee?

All standard documents, such as the properly assigned title or MSO, bill of sale or invoice, statement
of any liens or encumbrances and odometer disclosure, if applicable, are required. Military
members also need to provide LES (Leave and Earnings Statement) and stationing orders.

Military members stationed within the state of Tennessee, on a military base or Ft Campbell KY, shall go
through the county in which they are based, or their home of record. Military members based out of
state and whose home of record on their current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES) is Tennessee,
may either register where they are based or through the county of their home of record. If your residence of record is in Tennessee, but you do not currently live in the state, you may file through the office of any Tennessee county clerk. 

Not finding answers? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk