To title and register a new vehicle, you will need to submit the documents below to your local county clerk or the county clerk where the dealer is located:
- the manufacturer's statement of origin,
- the new vehicle invoice and
- a copy of your current registration, if transferring your license plate.
To title and register a used vehicle, submit to your local county clerk the following:
- a properly assigned, valid certificate of title
- an odometer disclosure statement (attached below), if applicable, and
- a copy of the current registration, if transferring your license plate.
NOTE: You will need to provide proof of identification and proof of residency when titling and registering your vehicle. For more information on acceptable proofs of identification, see the document attached below.