I've moved here from another state. How do I register my vehicle in Tennessee?

An application for certificate of title and registration must be filed through your local county clerk. If your county of residence requires emission testing, the vehicle will need to be tested for emissions first, and then you will need go to your local county clerk's office and pay the required fees. 

You will need to take with you the passed emissions certificate (if applicable), the most current out-of-state registration and the name and address of company where you are sending car payments. If you do not have that information, you must furnish your out-of-state title.

Not finding answers? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk